You’ve carried out the interviews — enlightening weren’t that they? It’s now time to put all the information which in your head down on paper, and pull all of it together right into a complete photo.
This article comes after on from our previous document which provided tips on how to conduct the selection interviews themselves. Below we give you some feasible techniques to use whilst studying your interviews, helping fungal your benefits into anything tangible.
Form your conclusions into a communication
After interviews you’ll find that you will have lots of interesting thoughts and ideas bouncing around your mind, but very likely in zero clear framework. The effects will be much easier to understand and convey to others if they are bought into a distinct narration.
The easiest method to do this to achieve this is to place everything down on paper and next sift through the results to create a final unified story.
Post-it notes & a white-colored board
2. Put all the concepts, creative ideas and studies you found in each interview onto post-it notes (each point must be on its own note).
* Try to avoid long sentences as you should be able to quickly scan it and know what it identifies, each sticky should just contain up to 10 thoughts.
* Twenty-four hours a day use brief quotes or perhaps simple summaries if that they sum up the finding well.
* Give a number or an interviewee name for the corner to help you keep track wherever each sticky came from.
* If you evaluated people from differing categories (for example new and returning customers) patterns will probably be easier to location if you place a symbol to each post-it (or used coloration co-ordinated post-its) to show which group that they belonged to.
After the selection interviews you’ll know the dimensions of the common styles that show up through the interviews, so push the post-its around and group all of them accordingly.
Spend some time with this kind of, you may find the initial groupings transform over time. This can be called an ‘affinity diagram’. An advantage of using post-its is that you can observe the entirety of your benefits at once, instead of seeing a small part on the screen at any one time. Finding the ‘big picture’ will assist you to visualise the proceedings more easily than attempting this visualisation in your head alone. An additional is that post-its give you the overall flexibility to make further changes to the diagram if and when needed.
Should you be able to, do that on a white colored board. This has 2 positive aspects:
* Allows you to draw jewelry around the communities, and add réflexion where required.
* The post-its will likely stick and stay where you need them (rather than deciding to fall for the floor at most inopportune times).
Essentially you’re building a visual counsel (almost a mind map) of the end result. Once it has the visualized, you will find it’ll help to make a lot more impression.
Don’t forget how come you were conducting the interviews
The first document emphasized the necessity to have a clear goal the moment conducting the interviews:
«The aims of interviews should be discover:
5. Users’ needs and goals.
* How users entire tasks in your site (or would do if operation was available).
* What users think the site gives them (and what more they will really want/need). »
This might act as an effective framework to utilize your conclusions, and should always be remembered while conducting the analysis. But keep in mind that the advantage of interviews is definitely their versatility so if you experience placing another solution focus on the results explains your conclusions, you can do hence.
Bounce your ideas off other people
Stand in entrance of your post-its and talk your conclusions through with someone (or several people). Encourage concerns. You will not be capable to answer every single question, but you will find where gaps in the explanations will be. Talking throughout your findings may even help even more clarify your opinions, and you’ll know where the spaces are in your overall picture.
You may also discover bouncing creative ideas off people who didn’t be present at the selection interviews useful. Discovering the outcomes with an individual with a varied perspective from your own can create ideas you will possibly not have considered otherwise.
Take your time
There is the first couple of several hours will be filled with a frenzy of authoring and grouping post-its, you should then sleep on the consequence. You will find the subconscious could keep on implementing the problems, and you could well find you wake up with even more ideas, or when going for a soak within a bath, or on the walk home… There always exists further parts to add, and changes to be created to your cast diagram.
Producing your studies from selection interviews is like making a photograph by hand. It takes as well as if you run through the process then the consequence is quite a bit less it should be. Take your time over the each stage, you should have been given a phenomenal amount details to process during the interviews, so ensure all sorts of things relevant gets down and a clear general message has the capacity to develop.
Once if you’re done it really leaves the ‘simple’ couple of:
* Producing whatever improvements are needs to your site
5. Producing personas
* The diagnosis of problems with your present site
2. Directing new design ideas
another one within the thousands of concerns interviews may feed incredibly useful facts into mediehusetrubrik.dk. Require «small» problems might be possible knowing the hard work will probably pay off come go live.
As mentioned in the previous article «interviews are an easy way to find complex information about your users», just remember that more effort and hard work is needed than expected to take out those good results.