You’ve done the interviews — enlightening weren’t they? It’s now time to put everything that information that is in your head down on paper, and pull everything together into a complete picture.
This article uses on from our previous article which offered tips on how to carry out the interviews themselves. Here we give you some feasible techniques to apply whilst analyzing your interviews, helping fungal your outcomes into something tangible.
Style your findings into a lien
After selection interviews you’ll find that you’ve lots of interesting thoughts and ideas jumping around your head, but most likely in zero clear structure. The results will be better to understand and convey to others if they are ordered into a obvious narration.
The simplest way to do this to accomplish this is to set everything upon paper and after that sift through the results to generate a final single story.
Post-it notes & a white colored board
2. Put all the concepts, suggestions and results you present in each interview onto sticky notes (each point need to be on its own note).
* Stay away from long content as you should be able to quickly scan that and know very well what it refers to, each sticky should only contain approximately 10 words.
* Twenty-four hours a day use short quotes or perhaps simple summaries if they sum up the finding well.
* Squeeze in a number or an interviewee name towards the corner so that you can keep track in which each sticky came from.
* If you evaluated people via differing groups (for case new and returning customers) patterns will probably be easier to spot if you set a symbol on each of your post-it (or used colorations co-ordinated post-its) to show which in turn group that they belonged to.
After the interviews you’ll know the dimensions of the common styles that appear through the selection interviews, so move the post-its around and group all of them accordingly.
Spend some time with this, you may find the first groupings improve over time. Sometimes it is called a great ‘affinity diagram’. An advantage of using post-its is that completely illuminated the entirety of your benefits at once, instead of seeing a small part over a screen at any one time. Seeing the ‘big picture’ will let you visualise the proceedings more easily than attempting this visualisation in your mind alone. An additional is that post-its give you the flexibility to make megahacker.free.fr further changes to your diagram if and when needed.
If you are able to, do that on a bright white board. It has 2 advantages:
* It is possible to draw wedding rings around the communities, and add réflexion where required.
* The post-its are likely to stick and stay where you need them (rather than deciding to fall for the floor at most inopportune times).
Essentially you’re building a visual representation (almost a mind map) of the effect. Once it can visualized, you will find it’ll generate a lot more sense.
Don’t forget as to why you were conducting the interviews
The first article emphasized the necessity to have a specific goal when conducting the interviews:
«The aims of interviews are to discover:
2. Users’ goals and needs.
* Just how users full tasks on your own site (or would do if efficiency was available).
* What users think the site presents them (and what more they will really want/need). »
This might act as a handy framework to work with your conclusions, and should always be remembered although conducting the analysis. But keep in mind that the beauty of interviews is normally their flexibility so if you look and feel placing another solution focus on the results explains your conclusions, you can do and so.
Bounce your opinions off other people
Stand in front of your post-its and discuss your studies through with someone (or several people). Encourage inquiries. You will not be competent to answer every single question, however, you will find just where gaps inside your explanations will be. Talking through your findings will likewise help even more clarify your ideas, and you’ll understand where the gaps are within your overall picture.
You may also locate bouncing ideas off people who didn’t attend the selection interviews useful. Looking at the outcomes with someone with a different perspective from your can create ideas will possibly not have considered or else.
Take your time
You will find the first couple of several hours will be stuffed with a frenzy of crafting and grouping post-its, you must then rest on the effect. You will find the subconscious stop on focusing on the problems, and you might well discover you awaken with further more ideas, or when choosing a soak in a bath, or perhaps on the walk home… There will always be further portions to add, and changes to be made to your affinity diagram.
Expanding your results from interviews is like having a photograph manually ,. It takes as well as if you run through the procedure then the end result is not as it should be. Invest some time over the every stage, you will need been given an outstanding amount info to method during the interviews, so ensure all kinds of things relevant gets down and a clear overall message is able to develop.
Once you aren’t done it just leaves the ‘simple’ couple of:
* Making whatever improvements are necessary to your site
2. Producing gentes
* Diagnosing problems with your current site
5. Directing new design ideas
another one from the thousands of challenges interviews can feed extremely useful info into . Require «small» concerns might be possible knowing your hard work will probably pay off come go live.
As i have said in the previous article «interviews are an easy way to find in-depth information about your users», remember more attempt is needed than expected to pull out those amazing results.